Operation Seven-Day Shed (Day Four - Wednesday)
I would have gotten more done today, except that Wednesday is band-practice day. When my brother showed up at 4p all worked stopped because we had to focus on
beer drinking band practice.
The north and south walls had been built and painted yesterday, so they were ready to be mounted. While not too heavy, an 8' x 8' wall (remember: it's already got the siding on it!) is difficult to move. I eventually realized I could just screw a piece of 1x2 to the exposed studs and use it like a handle. I'm so smrt!
I got the walls in place, screwed down and braced. Everything was nice, square, plum and level. I was starting to feel like a real carpenter! (Note: I'm not a real carpenter.)
Since the north and south walls are at different heights, they needed to be in place so I could precisely measure how high to make the west (rear) wall. After constructing the west stud wall, I carried it over to the shed to do a test fit and make sure I hadn't screwed anything up. I had not. The west wall was taken out, sided and painted. Tomorrow it will be dry and ready to mount, which I'm a little afraid of. The clearances in the back of the little shed are tight and with the siding over-hanging the edges of the stud wall by 2.5" on each side I'm worried that getting it into place is going to be a bear (and not the good kind of bear).